Location: Chicago, IL
Job type: Full-time
Our customer is the leader in the wireless communication industry. Its area is logistics and life cycle management of mobile phones and consumer electronics. At present, our client creates a new business for further growth, using his own assets and the results of his own research.
Our client is building a new engineering team to create platform for Insurance products and services. There are a lot of area that need to be explored like IoT, diagnostics, machine & deep learning, and industrial automation.
For Chicago office, the company is looking for an experienced tech savvy Director and Architect who can release the ideas the company have to the new level.
This will be person who enjoys motivating people for goal achievement as much as development of product It will be talented coach who is impassioned about technology, people and process. It is assumed that the Engineering Director will deal with complex technical problems, working closely with software engineers, developers, quality engineers, and so on.
- create and manage a highly motivated and high-performance team.
- support and development the architecture of the Insurance platform.
- use Agile software development methodology.
- work together with product managers on product requirements.
- cooperate with cross-functional team to deliver an end-to-end solution to customers.
- work with Tech Leads and across teams to drive technical road map.
- manage and escalate customer bugs.
- actively coach team members and help them career development.
- develop best practices throughout the organization, including functional programming ideas, reactive programming ideas, code quality, test coverage etc.
- provide architecture and engineering inputs for technical initiatives.
- drive decisions about the use of new or existing software products for enhanced productivity and quality.
Education: Graduate Degree and 7+ years of equivalent experience.
The candidate …..
- Can show a sense of ownership and take pride in the code they develop.
- is able to continue through obstacles and get things done.
- is a self-starter and takes initiative.
- Has grown through and developed excellent code across the entire stack (UI, Services, Data).
- Has deep understanding of Java (8) based web applications and services, Enterprise Service Bus and API gateway technologies, multi-point integrations and business process implementations.
- Has command over with Linux/Windows based server infrastructure and has worked on Cloud IaaS buildout, automation, scaling and deployments.
- Developer best practices – TDD, BDD, Sonar practices, CI etc.
- Microservices - is a + & API (REST) - is a must