Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. The innovations team is focused on next generation control platforms within the home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the mass. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
As a member of the corporate product & innovation team you will be involved in every aspect of next generation platform design and implementation efforts (concept, hardware & software design & development). This would require deep understanding of core technologies as well as industry and technology trends. You will always be faced with a new puzzle to solve, technology to study and limitation to work around.
We encourage initiative and are always open to candidates who are looking for advancement in their next position. This role can be ideal for a skilled and confident systems engineer / embedded developer who is ready to step up into an Architect role in the near future. Ideally, we are looking for a solid hands-on engineer/developer who understands embedded systems, software and hardware, connectivity protocols, and understands limitations but can push boundaries through innovation.
- Deeply embedded, low energy device development with C/C++, ARM, Embedded Linux Platform Architecture to RTOS-based Microcontroller platforms, Wireless communication, BLE, algorithms
- Create new and exciting smart and connected products to complement our platform
- Design and develop innovative & highly optimized embedded systems integrating advanced communication protocols and navigation technologies
- Study and benchmark emerging technologies and solutions to define technology roadmaps
- Drive multiple cross department multiregional designs from concept through realization (hands on in every aspect of the process)
- Engage with strategic customers to define highly optimized solutions with special attention to user experience in a connected home
- Self motivated, Innovative and does not accept failure!
- BSc & 5 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field (MSc or higher preferred).
- Extensive experience in System & Embedded Software design, algorithm development & optimization.
- Extensive experience in Embedded Hardware Architecture, Microcontroller Architecture, Embedded C Development & Software Development methodologies.
- Experience with wireless communication standards, e.g. Bluetooth, Thread, Z-Wave, Zigbee, RF4CE
- Hands-on Knowledge of Hardware Debugging tools and methodologies
- Prefer experience in Digital Circuit Design & Board layout
Experience in following areas a strong plus:
- Algorithm Development, Optimization, Communication Protocols, Virtual Machine, Compression, Image processing
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Capacitive Touch, Inductive touch, Piezoelectric Touch, Voice Recognition
- RTOS, Linux, C/C++
- HDMI, CEC, EDID, OCAP, UPnP, DLNA
- Inductive Charging, Energy Harvesting