JOB Title: HR Manager
Job location: East Rutherford, NJ
Our client is looking for a strong Safety Manager with some of the responsibilities like Coordinating , implementing , and managing ongoing environmental, health and safety programs to meet regulatory requirements for assigned locations. Our client is lookin for somebody who is Bilingual(English/Spanish) with proficiency knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
The HR Safety Manager is responsible for insuring a safe work environment that is compliant with all Federal, State, and Local regulatory standards. This position is also responsible for insuring that all Federal, State, and Localenvironmental requirements/regulations are satisfied
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, implements, and manages ongoing environmental, health and safety programs to meet regulatory requirements for assigned locations.
- Performs safety and environmental inspections, identifying potential risk, developing and implementing corrective action initiatives.
- Provide safety program ownership guidance and oversight for operations leadership team.
- Performs routine auditing of safety program owners to ensure compliance with company safety programs and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures site leadership and employees are trained and knowledgeable of company safety programs.
- Ensures employee safety training schedules are adhered to and document retention systems are in place.
- Ensures accurate record keeping requirements; relating to environmental, safety and health.
- Manages all aspects of occupational injury case management to include Workman’s Comp.
- Manages all aspects of company environmental programs for assigned locations.
Minimum Job Requirements: BI-LINGUAL ENGLISH/SPANISH
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in safety management; preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the company and influence various individuals and groups across organizational lines.
- Proficient knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Must have a proven history of successful safety program management and implementation.
- Experience in managing occupational injuries and Workman’s Compensation claims.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and utilizing the Internet.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety principles relating to a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of organizational principles and document retention systems.
- English/Spanish language is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have effective communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of GMP’s, SQF and AIB consolidated standards preferred.
- Ability to effectively analyze and problem solve safety data/trending.
- Must be flexible to work any shift and/or weekends if necessary.