Location: Chicago, IL.
Position Type: Full time
The Information Systems Manager is responsible for planning, managing and monitoring the activities of the server infrastructure and operations. Will also determine the computing- system needs, plans and act to support those needs. Develop, establish and maintain the standards and procedures. Will also direct and manage technical staff, and prepare periodic activity and progress reports.
- Manage technical staff to deliver timely, reliable and cost-effective operations of server systems.
- Review and evaluate technical staff and prepare performance reports.
- Assist the Associate CIO in managing data Centers.
- Address all aspects of the servers from recycling outdated servers, performing system backups, deploying patch upgrades, and maintaining high availability on all systems.
- Participate in planning and acquisition of hardware, software and maintenance contracts for servers and storage.
- Participate in the development and deployment of security policies.
- Safeguard assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommend, design, implement and manage environments suitable for full cloud deployments as well as cloud on demand alternatives.
- Consult with vendors and other establishments to anticipate new developments and to maintain optimal installation performance of the servers.
- Collaborate with managers and teams and other areas to accomplish common goals.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of Sun Solaris, Linux and Windows operating systems
- 5-7 years experience with managing systems
Candidates applying for this position must be legally authorized to work in united states on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org