The Staff Design Engineer (Software) will be a critical part of the concept and product development team. The engineer will partner with surgeons, marketing and technical leadership to create the software for the next generation of minimally invasive tools. The engineer will lead product development execution teams, including ownership of architectural and detailed design, development of core technology blocks and pushing the leading edge of technology in the operating room. Technologies you have the opportunity to learn and influence are image processing and machine vision, RF plasma tissue ablation, motor control for powered resection of tissue and bone debridement, fluid management for joint distention and pressure management, wireless device control, battery power development and user-facing iPad applications. Emotional Intelligence
- Demonstrated pattern of learning and self-improvement.
- Independent judgment; this is a highly autonomous position. Need to work on projects with general direction and minimal guidance but have the good judgment to reach out for help or peer technical review when appropriate.
- Ability to truly collaborate within and outside the team.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical terms to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to effectively and completely communicate technical details for design documentation.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Candidate does not need to be proficient in all areas but must be proficient in some and be able to demonstrate being a quick learner.
- 4-10 years’ relevant job or academic experience in more than one of the following technical areas.
- Strong Software Development Skills: C/C++, C#/.NET XAML/WPF
- High level UI Design, Algorithm Development and Optimization
- Demonstrated pattern of technical innovation and creativity, inside and outside of previous job duties.
- Experience developing applications on a Windows platform
- GIT or similar Software Version Control System
- Experience in developing and utilizing Unit Testing
- Familiarity with Visual Studio Development Environment
- Experience in implementing software architecture design, software requirement phases in all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements, design, implementation, debug, V&V, and transfer to manufacturing
- Image Processing and Machine Vision experience a plus
- Experience with designing software products in an FDA or other regulated industry is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $115,000.00 /year